an explannation of the title

My photo
I follow Jesus the Christ. The Bible frequently refers to men doing, "what seemed right in their own eyes", my prayer is that I do what is right in HIS eyes... whether or not it "seems" right to me.

Friday, November 11, 2011

LET US REJOICE!

So... I was on my way to work this morning and thinking about the imminent arrival of my nephew.  I was thinking about how my family would react when they get to see and hold him for the first time.  I was anticipating the torrential downpour of tears that is sure to flow from the collective Dyer tear ducts.

We're criers.  Unashamed.  Then the thought occurred to me, 'Why do we cry?'  Not scientifically, or what causes our proneness.  But, what causes us to cry?

What makes ME cry?  I thought about the last few times I've cried.  An ugly truth slapped me in the face.  I cry for me.  That's right.  It's all too often that my roommates and family have to sop up puddles of self-pity tears.  YUCK!

I like it when a man's not afraid to cry.  My dad's a crier.  But he doesn't cry like me.  He cries tears of joy, tears of sympathy and tears of empathy.  His heart ACTUALLY breaks for a lost and dying world.

The Bible says, in Romans 12:15, "Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep."  These SHOULD be community events!

I'm going to cry with my family soon... but we won't want you to weep with us.

COME ON! LET'S REJOICE!

(the following are the lyrics to a song of praise to EMANUEL my REDEEMER, LORD, SAVIOR, ABBA and FRIEND that we used to sing in the church I grew up in)

"Hallelujah, salvation and glory, and honor and power unto the LORD our GOD. Praise our GOD, all ye HIS servants, and all ye that fear HIM, both small and great. LET US REJOICE! AND LET US BE GLAD! AND GIVE HONOR TO HIM THE ALMIGHTY GOD!"

No comments:

Post a Comment