an explannation of the title

My photo
I follow Jesus the Christ. The Bible frequently refers to men doing, "what seemed right in their own eyes", my prayer is that I do what is right in HIS eyes... whether or not it "seems" right to me.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

If “Life is a Highway”, “How’s My Driving?”

I was recently provoked to certain thoughts after reading what this drunk had to say.

If Life Is A Highway Then How’s My Driving?
·        Am I driving under the influence of alcohol or other illegal substances?
·        Am I driving distracted?
·        Am I driving recklessly?  Swerving in & out of traffic & changing lanes with no regard for the others on the road with me?
·        Am I speeding?
·        Am I listening & looking for emergency vehicles?
·        Do I know where I’m going? …hmmm…

Do I know where I’m going?

My father says that I’m directionally challenged.  I prefer to explain that I have trouble multi-tasking when task #1 is driving & task #2 is navigating unfamiliar territory.

When I go somewhere new I have to be thorough. 
·        I check my trusty Google maps.
·        Ask my dad if Google is correct.
·        Print off a map including highlights of tricky parts.
·        Check to avoid construction, inclement weather & rush-hour traffic.

I do my research & I use ALL my resources!

What if we DAILY approach the highway of life with the same thoroughness?
What if we:
While we're at it, why don't we take Dad with us?  He IS after all THE BEST navigator around.

3 comments:

  1. That was a very neat analogy (or whatever the word is... Lol)! Great thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Erin!
    I spend so much time trying to figure out the directions, (both driving and for life!) But taking the time to seek God and get the answers and not run off on my own, but TAKE God with me, things will be a lot easier!!
    Thanks for that!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete